Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Thank You Card



There are 2 awesome things about this card, it's super flat for mailing and you can easily mass produce it since it's all stamping in the same color ink.  I made 4 of these cards total in a very short amount of time to send off to family.

To create this gorgeous card I used Stampin' Up Craft Ink in Whisper White and stamps from SP & Company.

I started by stamping the corners using the stamp set Stitchery Doo.  That set is mainly stitching lines - which I LOVE, but this wonderful design is on there too.  Doing the corners first will help everything else line up easier. 

After the corners were in place I wanted to stamp the sentiment to create a sort of border effect.  The sentiment is very elegant and swirly, it's from Ultimate Sentiments I.  I stamped it so that it is upright at both the top and the bottom of the card.  On the sides I had it face inward.

The last step was stamping the flourish in the middle.  I saved this for last because I thought it was easier to see where to place it with the border elements all in place.  If you didn't want such a flat card this center flourish would be lovely heat embossed or layered onto a scalloped circle and popped up.  The flourish is from the set called Flourishee. 

4 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Super cute!!! Great idea for mass mailings; I always have a difficult time coming up with something easy enough to do in quantity!!! TFS!

Hugs, my friend!

Linda Kaiser said...

I love your card! Super elegant! Happy New Year and thanks for sharing your talents with us!

Linda

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty!

Pat N. said...

Beautiful card, Amber. Love it!