Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stamped Gingerbread Charm Bracelet


Yes, ANOTHER post - I've been creating a lot, what can I say.

I made this charm bracelet and little charm for Samantha over at Scrapmaster's Paradise.  She's become a good friend and I wanted to make her something for the holidays.  This was made using her own stamp set called Cutest Gingerbread. 

I tried this first with the bright white Shrinky Dinks and Copics.  I DO NOT recommend that.  At all!!!  I was so frustrated trying to make that work I nearly cried.  So, I went back to the store and bought the Frosted Rough and Ready Shrinky Dinks instead.  Those recommend colored pencils - so that's what I used.  This worked MUCH better!

Charm next to a quarter for a size comparison.

I stamped the gingerbreads with Staz on in Timber Brown.  Then I colored them with the pencils - punched holes, cut, & baked them.  Then all I had to do was turn them into jewelry.  As a finishing touch I covered the front with clear nail polish to help seal in the color.  This kind of Shrinky Dink is AWESOME because you can see the design from both sides.

If you would like a more informative post about Shrinky Dinks I will direct you to a project I did not too long ago.  Now... for that project I used the Shrinky Dinks that are designed to work with Ink Jet Printers, but everything else is the same.  So you can see more photos of the process of cutting and baking - where I placed the holes, etc.  Check out that project by clicking here.

Honestly they are pretty easy to use.  Like I said, the other project has a better tutorial talking about baking and such.  The coloring of these was simple. 

Samantha took some photos of how I packaged it, and wearing the bracelet.  You can see her post by clicking here.

Thanks so much for visiting!  Have a fabulous, and very crafty day :)

9 comments:

Marlene said...

So adorable! You really are a crafty little thing, aren't you?

Michele said...

very charming! :) love it. xo

scrappinlil said...

Very clever idea...so crafty. I love it and thanks for stopping by my blog and for the awesome comments. I am now becoming your new blogger friend. TFS

Maru said...

Amber gracias por tus visitas y tus lindos comentarios! Querías aprovechar la oportunidad de saludarte y desearte una bella navidad y un próspero año nuevo!!!!
Besitos desde Argentina con mucho afecto!

Mari AKA Momo said...

I love this!!! It is soo darn cute!!! XOXO Momo

Jude said...

They're adorable gingerbread! Thanks for sharing your story about your frustration too. Sorry you went through it! but some people omit that part and I believe it really helps others when they share tips etc of their projects. ... like you were kind enough to provide me with your kind comments and support when I used the Cricut Cake for my Tinkerbell cake! I'm a new follower too. Keep up the great work! Jude judestersworld.blogspot.com

Lizzie Laine said...

Amber,
The bracelet is too cute!!
I bought shrinky dinks a few weeks ago hoping to come up with something too make. Thanks for the great idea, my niece would love one of these. I am going to make one for her birthday next month.

Thanks for sharing

Elaine

Duendes said...

hello Amber,
wishing you a good day.
big hugs

Norma said...

So adorable she will love it!!!! Happy Holidays!!!