Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sweet Memories Layout

Click the photo for detail, just remember to use your back button.
Here's a layout that I did.  I actually mounted it on chipboard and am giving it as a gift to be hung up.  This is one of the few gifts I can share in advance because I'm confident the recipient will never visit my blog.  My mother in law adores gingerbread.  I made her some gingerbread felt ornaments last year and she seems to really enjoy them.  I figured this page she could add photos of her decor or maybe photos of her making the traditional family cookie recipe.

All the papers are from the Peppermint Forest stack from Joanns.  The snow on the bottom was just cut from another page.  The photo spaces are 5 and 1/2 by4 and 1/2 so they will create a 1/4 inch border on all sides of the photos.  
The adorable gingerbread person is from SP & Company's Cutest Gingerbread Set.   I chose to do one of the girlie gingerbreads that has eyelashes.  So cute!  I colored her with the Copic marker E35 Chamois.  I colored her buttons black and then used Glossy Acccents to make them shiny.  I used Liquid Applique on her frosted parts.  I also added some fruit punch Stickles to her face.

The title is cut from Winter Frolic at 1.82 inches.  Sorry for the weird size - I used my Gypsy.   The houses all along the bottom are by Jolee's Boutique.  The die cuts are by Doodlebug Designs.  I added a bit to the store bought die cuts by adding Fruit Punch Stickles in various areas and a little bit of red Stickles on some hearts.  I had a bit of ric rack in my stash that I thought looked cute next to my little gingerbread.
This came together pretty quickly.  Sometimes I really love using store bought embellishments and then just adding a couple touches with stamps or my Cricut.  This is one of those times I think I got an adorable result without having to spend a really long time working on it.

Thanks for stopping by!




5 comments:

2 Ducky said...

Yep, you called it... Adorable!

Kim V. said...

How adorable is this?!?!?! OMGosh, you did such a great job with it, with all of the details. Absolutely love it!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Great gift idea!

Marlene said...

Those little gingerbread houses are so darned cute!

Lizzie Laine said...

What a cute layout!

Elaine