Friday, December 10, 2010

Thank You Card Gift Set

I wanted to do something really special this year for our realtor.  She sends out a ton of cards, so I thought a set of cards would be a lovely gift.  I really wanted them to be special and have some fun details - so I set to work on a set of 15 of these.
 
 
Holy cow.  Hours and hours of work, but I think it paid off in the end.  "Thanks" is from Gypsy Wanderings.  The button is a Martha Stewart punch.  The vase and flower are from Serenade.  The vase is cut from acetate, and I inked the edges with white Staz On. I attached the stem to the acetate, and the acetate to the card with a little Glossy Accents in the part of the vase that would have water.  It's a really fun little detail, and a practical one too since adhering acetate is a challenge.  The flower is on a pop dot, and I used some Stickles for that extra special touch. 
 
 
I wanted to package them in a special way.  I didn't have any of the nice card boxes or anything.  So I used a large freezer sized ziplock bag.  It was big enough to fit the cards side by side.  I added 15 high quality envelopes to the package as well.  I had to alternate the cards rightside up and upside down because of the depth of the pop dotted flower.  I also slipped a strip of cardstock in the middle of the bag to keep the 2 piles of cards separate.  Otherwise they would start to overlap and look less pretty. I added a card I had made earlier, and a sentiment from Winter Frolic - along with more Stickles.  I only attached the back of the bag to the flap, using Sticky Strip.  This way she can just lift the front of the flap and open the bag without having to tear it up.  
 
Thanks for visiting!  Have a fabulous, and very crafty day :)

7 comments:

Flamenco92627/ Julieta said...

Great job on the cards! Your realtor will be thrilled.

Norma said...

The cards and the packaging look fabulous!!!Great way to use some of those ziplock bags when you're on a bind:) TFS and have a great weekend!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very nice, great gift idea!

Marlene said...

Now that was really nice of you. She's going to love these!

Maru said...

Amber es una maravilla tus tarjetas, es placentero ver tus trabajos. Gracias por tus comentarios. Besos y que tengas un exelente fin de semana!!!!

jen said...

How awesome!! You did a fab job and I would love them if they were given to me so your Realtor is going to love them too!! Great job.
hugs,jen

Kim V. said...

These thank you cards are beautiful! Great job.