Sunday, December 5, 2010

Little Penguin Favor Box


Here's a simple and cute little penguin box I made for a challenge over at Momo's blog.  If you don't know Momo, you're missing out!  She makes tons of fun videos and has regular challenges on her blog.  I just get behind and miss out on most of them!  *LOL*  At least I made something in time for this one :)

Everything was done with my Cricut.  The penguin is from Winter Frolic.  I used Liquid Applique on the white parts of his hat so they are puffed up.  I used various colors of Stickles to do some outlining on him.  The box itself is a favor box from the Sweet Treats cartridge, made with paper from the Peppermint Forest stack.  On the other side of the box is another penguin, but I flipped him so the box is more symetrical.  
 
I did weld the penguin shapes to my box on my Gypsy before cutting so there are more layers of stability. 

Thanks for visiting!  I had fun with this sweet little projects as penguins are one of my most favorite things in the whole world! 

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is SO CUTE!!! :-) TFS! -Sam :-)

jen said...

You did a great job! TFS
hugs,jen
jennyscards.blogspot

Minta's Creations said...

This is super cute!
Minta

http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super cute! Great penguin!

Alma said...

Adorable! What a great idea!! :)

Amanda said...

What a super cute penguin box!! Thanks for the great idea..

Amanda:0)

Ashley Nicole said...

I love the box. So adorable.
Nikki
www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com

girlia said...

Really cute

Summer said...

Very cute! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Darling little box, Amber! I keep seeing all of these adorable penguins and really need to cut one. Funny you used the Liquid Applique... I just made a card and used it as well. I kept dropping the darn piece with the LA and made quite a mess! LOL!

VICTORIA said...

Thanks so much for your comment Amber. It means a lot to me. I love the penquin box. Also the Peace Card you made.

VICTORIA said...

Amber how to i get My own Button?

Anonymous said...

So cute!

terriennz said...

Hi! I have an award for you over on my blog. Come check it out! :)

Terrie Barroso
crafteecards.blogspot.com

VICTORIA said...

Thanks Amber i will try to figure it out. It may take a while. Right now i am trying to figure out how to post my video. It says its down loading but 40 min seems like a long time, so i am obiviously doing something wrong. LOL

Doodlebugs said...

cute looks like the penguin is jump roping