Monday, January 10, 2011

Wedding Card


I'm including two photos because this was hard to photograph!  The first one I think the details are clear - but the color is way off - so I've included a 2nd photo to show you the actual color of the pink more accurately.

I made this wedding card using the Chomas Creations gel pen holder in my Cricut.  I designed everything in my Gypsy so that I could draw these designs, and then cut them out.  I have a video of making another card with the gel pens that will show you how to do that - to see that card and video go to this post. 

  I used the glitter gel pens for this design - I just can't get enough of them!!!  I used a pink for the background - which is from the Storybook Cartridge.  It is a 4 and 1/2 inch square.  The wedding couple is from the Wedding Solutions cartridge - it seemed like a perfect image to use the gel pens for!  I drew them with the silver gel pen at 3.82 inches.  I know this is a weird size, but it's easy to do things like that with a Gypsy.  After drawing them I cut them out using the shadow feature.

The card base is 5 inches square when closed.  I did some simple paper piercing all around the edges to give a little detail.  To make my holes line up nicely I used the Mat Pack from Stampin' Up.  That thing ROCKS!!! It will help you line up holes like this, as well as brads or eyelets.  

For the sentiment I used My Pink Stamper's Family and Friends set.  I stamped it in silver ink and cut it out. Then I matted it onto pink cardstock and cut that out.  Super easy :)

 I shot video of this - and it turned out horribly :(  I was so disappointed.  The lighting was off and you couldn't see the Gypsy screen and the card looked so washed out.  I decided it was best to trash the video, which stinks.  So, sorry about that.  Like I said the other video I shot will give you a good tutorial on the gel pen holder and how to draw and then cut using the Gypsy. 

Have a fabulous day! :)

12 comments:

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute.good to have in hand when the intercate images wont cut right.love the background.will have to try them some day.

K-E Kreations said...

Very pretty card. Love the intricate look without all the cutting.

Summer said...

Very cool, love they way the gel pen looks! TFS

Marlene said...

You're getting to be pretty craft with that whole Gypsy/Cricut thing! You go, girl! gorgeous card.

Mary George said...

Very nice!!!

2 Ducky said...

Love the hot pink color and background.

Tara said...

I had no desire to even try those pens until seeing this card, now they have officially been added to my wishlist!
Thanks for the awesome inspiration!
Tara

Unknown said...

I have the markers but no gel pens...I love the way this looks, and the gel pen makes it look so unique. I might have to go get some now:) TFS

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty, those pens look great!

Monica-FC said...

lovely. amazing what you can do with a cricut. wow.

Turnedgypsy said...

Really Nice Stop over at my blog too.

I have giveaways going on too. Have you heard of Scal that is one of them

Chris
http://turnedgypsy.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Too cute! Your wedding card is really amazing. I love it. Keep it up! :)