Friday, January 21, 2011

Super Simple Bug Luv Tags


These were so fun to whip up. I am planning on using them to draw prizes at a cardmaking party I'm having in mid-Feb.  

I wanted them to be cute, but I also wanted them to be super quick and also flat so that putting them all in a bowl they wouldn't stick together or catch on each other.

Enter the solution, my Chomas Creations gel pen holder.  If you want to see a video I made of a card using it to see how it works you can check out this post.

For these particular tags I did 2 pages in my Gypsy.  One for all the writing, and one for the cutting of the tags.  The font is from A Child's Year, the bug head is from Store Front - but there are other cartridges with bug heads, and the tag is from Plantin' Schoolbook.

Making tags with this gel pen holder is a snap!  Can you imagine how much harder it would have been to cut and glue all these teeny tiny little pieces!  I always have trouble cutting this bug head very small because of the eyes and the antenna - using the gel pen holder that's no longer a concern.

Hope you enjoy today's simple project!  When the time comes I will be sharing lots of more pics of party favors and such from the event I'm having. 

9 comments:

Cherylann's "Outta-My-Mind " said...

what a great idea for a drawing.
Cherylann (prinkles)

Marlene said...

Cute! I'd recognize that bug anywhere. ;)

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Amber, These are so cute, and it is a great way to do a drawing. It is always fun to have a big bowl to do a drawing, and when the tags are this cute, it is even better!! Good luck on your first blog hop hosting job, You will do Awesome, Karen

Yoshiras time to craft said...

they are cute.have fun at your cardparty.

mereshupe said...

Cute tags!!

Meredith
mcshupe@att.net

Audrey Frelx said...

Hi, Amber! What cute tags! Yes, I love my Cricut gel pens -- don't use them often enough!!!

What a great idea, a card party -- sounds like big fun!!!

P.S. Your resin pendant will be in the mail tomorrow -- YEAH!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very cute!

Natalie said...

Great tags, I so need to get the gel pen holder. It would save from buying all those lttle stickers.

Gramjak said...

Really a great idea. I plan to do this at my crop in March! thanks so much for this excellent hop!!