Saturday, January 22, 2011

Wedding Gift Set for a Bride

These are a couple of items I made for a friend to celebrate her getting married!  I crocheted a little white clutch purse out of yarn that had sparkle in it - it almost looked like thin tinsel wrapped around the yarn.  Very cool, and it's soft too.  I also used some pink satin ribbon.  I made the same purse pattern for a holiday gift a bit ago, but the color scheme was totally different.  To see that version - check out this post

I also made a simple little bracelet with some faux pearls I purchased.  I am starting to think I should make more jewelry. I'm finding that I enjoy it.

Just thought I may as well share these projects really quickly. I know they aren't my usual papercrafting projects - but I do like to dabble in other things now and again.  :)

11 comments:

Summer said...

Oh My , Those are adorable. You are just so talented, I can half way knit a scarf and thats about it! She will love it! TFS

Tina said...

wow how beautiful are these amazing ....

~Tina~

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Amber! What a wonderful gift!!! You're just multi-talented, my sweet friend!!!

You did a great job and she's really going to love it!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

omg it such a beautiful gift for the bride are you sure its not for me.lol.wow i wished i could do some knitting like you do.i just recently started doing a scarf on a loom but never think to achieve something like this.tfs.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Great projects!

Marlene said...

Jeepers...is there no end to your talents? This is gorgeous!

mayipadlo said...

So pretty!!! Did you mind sharing the book that have that pattern??? Would love to try it....

Unknown said...

The book the pattern comes from is Stitch 'N Bitch Crochet: The Happy Hooker It is actually really simple. I found the book at Barnes and Noble and purchased it, but if you can find it in person just glancing at the pattern you may be able to re-create it if you have some experience. :)

K-E Kreations said...

Those are great! Thanks for sharing your talents with us.

VICTORIA said...

I love the bracelet Amber.

mayipadlo said...

thanks!!!