Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Thinking of You Snowflake Card


This is my 2nd post of the day.  Earlier I posted Valentine's buckets - so don't miss them, I think they're cute :)

I designed this for Tracy over at Craft Junkie Too.  She was hoping to have a small group of designers playing along on her blog with challenges and such this year - however she got some GREAT NEWS and is now designing for Robyn - My Pink Stamper herself.  So, those plans of hers are now put on hold.  Tracy is a wonderful gal and she really deserves this.  I love her dearly!  Congrats Tracy :)  Everyone be sure and visit her blog today, as there are other gals that did a design for her - the theme was winter.  

I wanted to get some use out of my Winter Lace cartridge, so I decided to work with a snowflake.  I cut it out at 2.5 inches with a blue layer for the back and a lavender layer for the front.  I added some Diamond Stickles around the edges and in the center holes for a little sparkle.  The card is a standard 4 and 1/4 by 5 and 1/2.  

All along the top portion of the card I stamped using SP & Company's Scripty Scripts set.  Then I added some polka dotted ribbon.  On the bottom of the card I stamped Thinking of You using SP & Company's Ultimate Sentiments I.  I put 2 glittery purple buttons around it.  I rounded the bottom corners on a 1/2 inch setting, and then added some stitching lines.

There is finally some snow here in CO.  It's been an unusually warm season for us.  I am happy to see  a little of the pretty sparkly stuff when I look out my window - I love hearing my 2 year old squeal "Snow Mommy!"  :) 

Have a crafty day!

11 comments:

K-E Kreations said...

Pretty card. I saw it on Tracy's blog earlier this morning. Love the color & little bit of bling.

Tracy said...

I looooove your card Amber - you are so super adorable...I just love you and our friendship! Thank you so much!
♥Tracy

Jessica said...

Good job on the card, I love the stamp and ribbon!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute and simple.love the background with the shimmery snowflake.tfs

Cheryl Gaffney said...

Beautiful snowflake card!! The back ground script really adds lots of interest!!

TFS, Cheryl @ CardsbyCG.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty! Great colors!

Audrey Frelx said...

Very pretty snowflake card, Amber!

Star Ark Creativity said...

I love the snowflake card special with all the snow we have got.

Michelle said...

I love the card! Being that winter is my favorite season, it is pretty!!

Tara said...

I love the colours you picked for this card! excellent!
Tara

Kim V. said...

Beautiful! I love the stamping all along the top of the card. Great job!