Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Valentine's Goody Buckets w Mini Cards & Tags


I wanted to put together some fun little goodies for some friends.  I hit the Target $1 spot and found these adorable buckets.  I also purchased cute Valentine's pencils, little erasers shaped like butterflies and flowers, and some candy.  I really wanted to dress these up and present them nicely.  I started off by putting the pencils and little erasers in bags and tying them with curling ribbon - the stuff you use for wrapping packages.
 
 
Next I made little Valentine cards to give everyone!  I couldn't wait to play with my new SP & Company stamps and have some fun.  I made little 3 by 3 cards.   Using the Candy Hearts set I stamped the hearts in dark pink ink on light pink cardstock - and chose the sentiment U R Sweet.  The set comes with all different saying you can put inside the heart.  I cut them out and then used some Marshmallow Glimmer Mist to give them a bit of sparkle and interest.  I attached them to the cards and stamped "friend" next to them to spell out "U R Sweet Friend" which I thought was cute.  I stamped the background along the bottom with the Hearty Hearts Backgrounds set.  Then I added some cute green rick rack.  For the final touch I did some dashes and lines all around the tops of the cards.
 
 
When I assembled the buckets I felt like they needed a little extra something, so I decided to make tags too.  I decided to use these cute little monkey embellishments from K & Company - aren't they stinkin' adorable?!  I cut tags from the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge to put the monkeys on.  I stamped "hugs" from the Candy Hearts set in the bottom right corner in red ink.  Then I stamped 3 little hearts in pink next to it.  I got the little hearts from the Rain Boots set.  I finished off by going around the edges first doing lines in pink, leaving gaps in between - and then going back to add red dots in between all the pink lines. 

I am really tickled with the way these buckets came together.  I think they are sweet & fun.   I did put some love and effort into them.  Yet, it was still a manageable project to do for a small group.  I can't imagine doing this for a larger group - like 20, but for 8 it was a great little project.  I hope this gives you some fun ideas.  I just love Valentine projects :)

21 comments:

Rose said...

I love these Vday Buckets. Such detail, they are super cute!!

Unknown said...

These are just so cute! I love the monkey. you have put a lot of time into these!! Thanks for sharing!!

Amanda said...

Awww, your Valentines are super cute!!! What a great gift.. I'm sure your friends will love them..

Amanda:0)

K-E Kreations said...

Those are adorable! I need a friend like you. :-)

thescrapmaster said...

Those are so cute!!! The snowflake card is gorgeous too, BTW!! I just love that little monkey.

Hugs,
Samantha

Susan said...

These are adorable. The recipients will be delighted.

Summer said...

So cute love the buckets!

Carina (PaperJunky) said...

That is soooooo cute
Carina
http://paperjunkiemama.blogspot.com/

Paper Sewn Visions said...

So very cute. I want to be your friend so I can get one .....LOL.....Thank you for sharing.

Yoshiras time to craft said...

love the pails so cute.cute tag and fun colors.tfs

Audrey Frelx said...

Oh, Amber!!! They are all so super cute! Love them!!!

Hugs, sweetie!

Unknown said...

Great idea - super adorable!!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Super fun! Great little monkey!

Star Ark Creativity said...

I love the Valentine buckets and the little monkey, too.

Michelle said...

These are ADORABLE!!!! I love how you "dressed" them up! And yes, the monkeys are cuteness!! I am making some goodies for the kids in my class. I will be posting a picture of them on my blog. Love these!! :)

Tara said...

I love them! I want one, lol! I realized once I saw the monkeys that I had some of them that I got from a prize pack. Now I can't wait to make something with them!
Tara

Kim V. said...

How adorable and sweet!! I have to get some of Samantha's stamps! Great job.

Marlene said...

What a great friend you are! Your friends are going to love these! They are so cute!

scootingranny said...

What a great treat and a great job you did. Everyone is going to really like these!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Cute, cute, cute project! Love it all! Lucky friends to have you! :<)

Wishing you a good weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Linda said...

Oh my goodness these are sweet! I missed were the monkey is from. Soooooo cute.