Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Be Happy Mini Card


I created this fun little 3 by 3 card the other day.  3 by 3 cards are lots of fun!  You can make 8 card bases for these out of a single sheet of 12 by 12 paper.  They are usually pretty quick to make also since there is less room to add things on.  Of course they are also just gosh darn cute because they are tiny.

I started by creating a blue card base cut at 3 by 6 and scored in half to make the 3 by 3 size when folded.  For the frame around the card, and the sentiment I used a set from SP & Company called Mini Card Creations I.  It's a fun set that works perfectly with these little cards.  I cut a strip of pink paper to go in the middle of the card - it's about 1 inch wide.  Then I added a sweet little bee from the Paisely Cricut cartridge and embellished her with some Stickles in Fruit punch, Yellow, & Diamond. 

I love this little card design so much I may be making a bunch more to hand out to local friends at the next Swarm I go to.  I may have to change the colors up a bit to use what I have (this card was all scraps, another bonus about small cards) but I'm sure they will be just as cute with different colored card bases.


18 comments:

Summer said...

so cute, gotta love mini cards!

Marlene said...

This card makes me smile! VERY cute!

Hi, I am Karen Driscoll said...

Hey Amber, Really cute!! A Happy card, Karen

Susan said...

Really cute! Sami is lucky to have you on her team!

D said...

What a darling card! Your bee is so cute :)

Kimberly said...

Very Cute, i'm in the process of making a set of cards of this size for my daughter...thanks for sharing.
www.canadiancraftcorner.blogspot.com

Tracy said...

So adorable Amber.....you're right, the 3x3 cards are so fun! :)
♥Tracy

jen said...

Very cute...I need to make some. TFS
hugs,jen

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So cute, 3X3 cards are great!

Linda Kaiser said...

Soooo cute! I need to make some min cards:) Thanks for the great idea!

Linda

Stephanie said...

Very cute card!!! Love it!

Kim V. said...

Love this idea!! This size would make a great little note card. The bee and everything about this are adorable! Great job.

emily_in_paris said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing. :)
I am addicted to mini cards - and I *think* fruit punch MIGHT be my favorite stickles.... :)
xoxo
emily
elisabethstudios.blogspot.com

Maru said...

Exelente nivel en todos tus trabajos!!!!

Monica-FC said...

that is so cute.

Suzy Nurmainy said...

Hi Amber this card is SO cute!! thanks for stopping by at my blog yesterday :) I'm now a follower too!
Suzy
http://purplekittyscrappy.blogspot.com

Scrapper69 said...

Soooo cute! I like the 3 x 3 cards! I should make some! LOL :o)
Theresa

MrsANS said...

This is adorable. I have the envelopes to make some 3x3 cards but haven't done it..hope to make some as Thank You cards for my upcoming baby shower.