Wednesday, January 19, 2011

You Deserve A Day Sprinkled With Fun!


I made this card for a couple challenges, and I just went nuts with the embossing!  *LOL*

The two challenges I am entering this in are:
Fantabulous Cricut - Challenge Me Monday - Sweet Shop
The challenge was to incorporate something sweet in your project.

My Creative Time - Imagine Nation Monday Challenge - Sweet/ Valentine
Besides the theme you must use an Imagine if you own one.  Since I don't own one I didn't use one.  Emma sweetly allows those of us who don't have one to still participate :) 
I used a standard sized card base in a vanilla color - this one opens from the top.  I embossed the top portion of the card with the Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder.  The ice cream cone was cut from Sweet Treats at 3.5 inches.  
I embossed it with 3 different Cuttlebug folders.  Oriental Weave for the cone, Spots and Dots for the pink ice cream, and D'vine Swirl for the chocolate topping - although that part didn't photograph well it is visible in person.  I covered the chocolate topping with Glossy Accents to make it shiny.  Before it started to dry I added these little dew drops for sprinkles.
For the bottom portion of the card I used some pretty stitched satin ribbon.  I cut a tag from A Child's Year at 1 inch. Then I stamped a sentiment from a Hero Arts set called Cupcakes.   I added a little pink glittered brad.   I rounded the 2 bottom corners on a 1/2 inch setting with my Corner Chomper.  The last touch was some light pink stitching along the bottom of the card.
Yummy!  I am trying to participate in more challenges this year - I think these particular ones are making me hungry :)


19 comments:

Michele said...

this is fantastic!!! Love it!

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really cute.love the the glossy and the dew drops it gives it a different look.love all the different embossing.tfs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Yum! Love all the embossing!

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Very cute, I love all the embossing, gives it character. TFS :)

Unknown said...

I like the embossing. Thanks for joining us at FCCB

Jean said...

Super cute!! I love the glossy effect and I also love the sentiment you used. Thanks for playing along with us at FCCB this week.

Tracy said...

super yummy Amber....great project:)
♥Tracy

girlia said...

So sweet looking. Make me want some ice cream. Good Luck with the challenge

Tabitha said...

Very cute card. Makes me hungry too. LOL TFS

Summer said...

So cute, the dew drops add a great touch!

Crafting Katie said...

Super cute! All of your embossing looks great!

Cathryn said...

REally nice. The embossing is great and the "sprinkles" are so cute! Cathryn67 <3
inthepinkcathryn.blogspot.com

My Quilling Nest said...

Hello Amber this card looks delicious,, yummmo! I will return for your Hop!
Quilly Hugs,
Linda

annaandjuliesmommie said...

Very Cute:) Thanks for sharing. I love pink and brown together! Hugs, Mollie L

Anonymous said...

DELICIOUS!!!!! :)

Alma said...

OMG this card is SO cute!

Valerie said...

Darling ice cream cone! Thanks for joining us at FCCB:)

Andrea said...

Really cute! Thanks for joining the challenge at FCCB!

Saundra said...

Looks so yummy! Thanks for sharing with us at FCCB!