Wednesday, June 9, 2010

You Are My Sunshine Card



Yet another card for a color challenge.  This one's over at The Scrapmaster's Paradise  The combo was Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, & Only orange, but I used Pink Passion in place of Melon Mambo.  I used nearly all Stampin' Up for this card, since it's my demo's challenge blog :) She doesn't require it, but I enjoy using the products anyways.

The card is 4 inches square, with a 3 and 1/2 inch square mat, followed by a 3 inch square mat in the center.  I used the Eyelet Lace Border Punch along the bottom of the smallest layer with some striped paper.

I used Cheep Talk as well as Something Sweet.  I was excited the image from Something Sweet had a curvature similar to the branch from Cheep Talk.  I did modify the branch a little by omitting parts of it when cutting.  The sun was drawn by hand (which I'm sure shows!  *LOL*)

At first I felt pretty iffy about doing this combo.  The two bright colors inspired me, but I wasn't sure how to incorporate the Chocolate Chip, but in the end I think that I ended up with a fun, cheery little card I wouldn't have thought of otherwise!  I am getting seriously addicted to doing challenges, they keep things fresh.

14 comments:

2 Ducky said...

Very fresh and inspiring. Love the colors!

*Nikki* said...

that is really cute..and i love that saying...

My Sheri CRAFTS said...

I LOVE those colors!! I'm gonna check out that challenge! Thanks! Great job!

MrsANS said...

Very cute...I really like the colors and that bird is SO TWEET :)

I just got back into a stamp club that my demonstrator does and she does monthly challenges, I really look forward to what is in store. I think a challenge will make me think more deeply than I usually do :)

Jana said...

Love this, tfs.

Debbie said...

You are a very busy person with your little one, I was just looking at the birthday stuff you did a wonderful job on all of it, I have the Crafters Companion I love it thanks for sharing Love the card also the colors are great :)

Amy C said...

Such a bright and happy card. I love that stamp set and you did a fabulous job with it. Thanks for sharing!!

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Great job on the card! Thanks for playing along at SPCC!

-Kristin SP Diva

SweetSassyDiva said...

you know that something sweet got me in trouble! I joined stampin up over it! lol

love love love that set!

Beebeebabs said...

Cute card tfs

RobbynW said...

Those colors really work well with your stamp sets Amber! Great job, the card is super sweet!
Robbyn

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Bright, fun and fresh! How can't like that!?!? Great job Amber - lovin that lil birdie. Thanks for playing at SPCC.

Deanne :)

Unknown said...

so sweet=)

Mari AKA Momo said...

How was I not your follower before? I cant belive you had a blog all this time!! :o) Thanks for linking me my friend! XOXO Momo