Friday, June 18, 2010

Grill Master Father's Day Card

My Dad makes the best steaks ever.  I tell ya, just thinking about the marinade he puts them in makes my mouth water.  I've been seeing cute cards of men grilling for Father's Day on the messageboards, so I decided to try my hand at one.

This is a FULL 8 and 1/2 by 11 sheet folded in half to make a nice large card for assembling all these pieces on.  I did the designing in my Gypsy.  The grass is from Plantin Schoolbook & I used the actual size button and selected a width of 8 and 1/2 to go across the entire card.  

The grill was cut with the From My Kitchen cartridge at 3 inches.  The steak was also cut with From My Kitchen at 1 inch, and I drew on the white detail in the center because it was too small to cut.  The spatula is From my Kitchen also, but I don't know the size (deleted part of the file by mistake.)  

I created the smoke by manipulating a puff of smoke coming out of a genie lamp on Paper Doll Dress up, I stretched it out and then flipped it, and I made the center one a bit larger.

The rest of the cuts are from Everyday Paper Dolls, the doll & accessories are cut at 5 inches.  I lost the size of the sun in the part of the file that was deleted.  I placed the sun hanging off the card, & then trimmed it down to fit.

For detail I sponged the grass, drew on the apron, & created salt and pepper hair by cutting the hair in black, drawing lines with a white gel pen & then blending with a metallic silver ink with a wedge of sponge.

Thanks for visiting!  Have a wonderful & very crafty day!

10 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

Great card, I love all the detail you did with it. Thanks for sharing.

Debbie said...

that is so cute, loving it thanks for sharing and visiting my blog :)

Kerri said...

Super cute card! So glad I found your blog...I love making cards!

MrsANS said...

Wow, that is amazing!! Great job!!

Karen said...

Super cute card! Love that little steak! :)
Karen

Luv-To-Scrap said...

Great card! I have one more to make. My son just had twin girls, so it will be new father's day card. Thanks again.

Skrappy6 said...

Very cute.

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice card you did a great job tfs

Whimcees said...

Hello!

Great Father's Day card!

I have left an award on my blog for you. :<)

Wishing you a great week!

Barbara Diane
http://whimcees.blogspot.com

TUKI said...

Oh my goodness, this card is awesome... love it!