Monday, June 21, 2010

Sweet Little Baby Card for a Color Challenge

I am really trying to push myself lately & do more challenges.  I have had some great ideas come out of them lately.

The challenge is Kristina Werner's Reader's Choice Color Inspiration Number 4.  I really wasn't sure what to do with those colors.  I kind of wanted to do a carnival themed thing, but I needed to get a baby card made ASAP, so I decided to try that instead.  The stamp set used to create the rattle & for the sentiment is Stampin' Up's Something Sweet.  I used one of their Sweet Treats cups and filled it with jellybeans that matched the colors of the card. 

Although this isn't what I had in mind initially, I think the colors make an interesting palette for a baby boy card.  A little bit of pastel & then some bolder "boy colors."

Hopefully I'm able to get to the rest of the challenges I want to do this week :)  Thanks for stopping by & look for lots more.  I'm going to try to start posting 5 days a week consistently.

6 comments:

Doris T. said...

that is so stinkin' cute! Great job - love it.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Adorable! It's very unique and fun!

MrsANS said...

I love it!! Turned out great!!

Sylvia said...

This is a wonderful card! Colors and design are really nice!

Whimcees said...

Great csrd! I love the idea to make a rattle using the treat cup!

Wishing you sunshine today! :<)

Barbara Diane

Shari Thurman said...

Cute baby rattle.