Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Little House In the Woods Card

I created this card for Kristina Werner's latest color challenge.  You can view the challenge and participate here.

I am so proud of this card!  I took a piece of green woodrgrain looking paper and drew my rolling hills on the backside of it with pencil, then I cut them out and sponged the edges with ink.  I just love how layering them gives the card so much depth, without the added bulk of pop dots.

All the trees are from Stampin' Up's Trendy Trees Set, and the house and clouds are from Stampin' Up's Good Neighbors set.  I used the classic ink colors Perfect Plum, Pale Plum, Certainly Celery, Mellow Moss, & Chocolate Chip.  

Although this card isn't complicated it was a bit time consuming stamping everything properly and doing the cutting, but I think it's something different for me, and I always love the look of other people's scene cards, and I enjoy attempting to re-create styles I like and "Amber-ifying" them :)  Yes, in my world that is a word.  I am a nerd!

19 comments:

MrsANS said...

Looks good! I like the colors, great job.

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

This is sooo amazing, I am just learning to work with inks and coloring and it is HARD! You did great!

Kathy Czygan said...

Hi Amber! It's good to see you back. I love to see all your creativity! This is an adorable card. I love that you got such a 3D look without all the bulk! This is a quaint little scene. the clouds in the sky are just so sweet! Love the color combo you used!

shari said...

Your card is very pretty. Great job. Shari (cricutrookie)

Unknown said...

i like your card very much, the colors are so pretty to look at, and the technique is inspiring..:)
jovita

Doris said...

Beautiful card with all the same stamps I have and never thought of using this way!

Leanne said...

I love this!! I love the scence and the cute little house!! Great job!

Ayana Posadas said...

This card is so adorable!
I love the little scene with the hills and the clouds! So veryyy cute!!! :)

Kara said...

I love this!! Such a serene, beautiful scene!
Kara

cricaholic said...

WOW!! Fantastic card!!! great creative talent..I'm following it!!
I'm cricaholic from the MB, visiting- Hi

Live Love and Scrap said...

WOW Amber.....GREAT card!!! I love those stamps and just love what you did with them!!!

greenbean said...

oooooo...LOVE this!...

Whimcees said...

Hello!

You should be proud of the "Amber-ifying" that you did to create this wonderful card! Love it! :<)

Wishing you a happy weekend!

Barbara Diane

Martha said...

Your card totally rocks!

Bronwyn Eastley said...

Gorgeous card.

Christine Blain said...

This card is ADORABLE, Amber! All the work you put into it really shows. Love both of the stamp sets you used, and the little scene is perfect in these colours. Great job with the challenge.

Sylvia said...

This was one of my favorites, just from looking at the pictures! Congratulations!

Francie said...

This is so creative! Definitely one of my favorites from Kristina's bunch.

Dotty Jo said...

What a lovely card Amber, those hills are fabulous - it's a knockout! Jo x