Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Color Challenge Cards



I wanted to participate in THIS COLOR COMBO CHALLENGE AT SCRAPMASTER'S PARADISE.

I ended up making 2 cards, one to submit & an additional one just because.  I am submitting the first one with the rose.  I used the Stampin Up set "A Rose is a Rose" I did use "Greenhouse Garden" just for the stem.  To get the two tones on the leaves I stamped off so that I could stick with only using the Mellow Moss, since it was the challenge color.  I used the sentiment as a tone on tone background.  Only the top one isn't partially covered.  Then I sponged around the edges.

The second card uses the Stampin Up set Something Sweet.  I used Crystal Effects to add shine to the gumball machine.  The candies are from a Martha Stewart Border punch & the embellishments are just random things from my stash.

Thanks for visiting today!  Have a fabulous & very crafty day!

9 comments:

Maru said...

Amber como siempre sorprendiendo a tus seguidores con tus nuevos diseƱos!!! Te felicito por tus trabajos.

2 Ducky said...

Blog love over at my place. Come grab at your convenience. :)

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

I love these colors! The rose is beautiful and the gumball machine looks so fun!

Audrey Frelx said...

Wow, Aymee!!! Two beautiful cards! I really love the gumball machine card -- sooo cute!

Karen said...

Wow...two fantastic cards! I absolutely love the gumball card! Too cute!
Karen

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

Both are fantastic! Great job!

-Kristin SP Diva

Allison said...

Beautiful cards! The "A Rose is a Rose" is such a elegant stamp set, I love it!

PS - Congrats on making the SP DT!! :)

Juanita said...

Wow these cards are beautiful, congrat's on being chosen for the DT.

Juanita-SP Diva

Stephanie said...

Beautiful cards! Great job! Thanks for playing at SPCC!