Thursday, September 29, 2011

What I've Been Up To - Teaching My Kids!


Lots has been going on with me lately. It's been making it really hard to get projects up!

I have been doing preschool at home with my 3 year old daughter.  I am doing this 4 hours a day, 5 days a week.  She is learning a ton and doing very well, I include my 2 year old son in some of the activities when I can too.  Plus the usual cleaning, cooking, etc.  She is taking dance and will be starting gymnastics soon, hopefully next week if I get down there to get her registered.  I am also trying to practice my sewing and hoping to be making a couple Halloween costumes for my kids.


 On a sad note, my grandmother is in the hospital dying.  She fell, hit her head, and had bleeding on the brain.  They did surgery and had high hopes for recovery, but she isn't going to make it.  My father has been out there with her for 2 weeks.  She has lived a good life and all that, but it is still hard.  My grandfather will not be able to do much without her as he has a very bad back, so he will need to go live somewhere where he can be taken care of. That has been zapping my energy too.  It is hard to hear the sadness in my father's voice and not be able to be there with him right now.


So, long story short I am SLAMMED.  Lots of transitioning for me.  Trying to get into a good routine with the new things we have going on in our lives. I am answering e-mails more slowly and may not be posting too often for a couple weeks.


In this post I've added some pictures just to share.  I made a board with the day of the week, month, what we are doing for the day, etc.  I am going to start using this with the kids on Monday.  It should be fun.  Everything is laminated for durability.  Lots of pieces to change out store in an envelope on it.  Some things attach with magnets, velcro, etc.  It took me HOURS, it's exactly this kind of thing that has been making it hard to blog!  *LOL*  The other pics are the school area and the adorable kids learning and doing projects.

 
So, if you have trouble getting ahold of me, this is why.  I hope to be back at 100% and posting more frequently again in a couple weeks.  I am still around, but falling a little behind.  Just wanted to let everyone know.

Spending so much time each day focusing on projects and learning has been AMAZING!  By far the most rewarding feeling ever.  I don't always have "good mom" days or moments.  Sometimes I yell at my kids, or get upset that the house isn't perfect, etc.  I am really finding this time to focus on them and not think for a second about housework and such has been good for all 3 of us.  I just need to adjust to the amount of time it takes and get into a new routine.  Finding out what works and what doesn't for when to start, which activities to do, etc.

*Hugs to all*
 
I look forward to getting my creative mojo back!




19 comments:

Scrappin Sista said...

So sorry to hear about your grandmother... I will keep you and your family in my prayers...just know your not alone.
Alice

Stacy said...

Amber,
So sorry sweetie to hear about your grandmother, you are in my prayers. I agree with Alice, you are not alone.
Sending you super big blog hugs
Stacy

jessica said...

So very sorry to hear about your grandmother! My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
On another note excellent job with all the teaching and time you are spending with your kiddo's!
They grow up so very fast and if you dont have a perfectly clean house all the time..they wont remember that....What they will remember is all the fun activities and projects they got to do with mom! Enjoy it!!

Amanda said...

Aww Amber, I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother.. I'll be keeping you in my prayers.. I think it is so awesome that you are setting time out to teach your kids each day, and I really like your board you made..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

girlia said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Cherish the moments with your children

Marlene said...

I'm so sorry about your grandma. Hugs.

On a happier note, you're a great mom!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Sorry about your Grandma, I am sending prayers your way.

Your such a good Mom! You should be proud! It is so hard getting on a schedule! Mine are 10 and 9 and we are almost there LOL!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Missy said...

What a great school you have going on at your house!! :) Your kiddos are very lucky! I'm sorry to hear about your grandma. I will pray for you & your family!!

Pat N. said...

Oh Amber, my heart goes out to you and your dad about your grandmother. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers. Your kids are adorable, and it's terrific what you're doing with them. Great stuff!--Pat N.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Amber, I am so sorry to hear about your grandmother. :( Sending you big hugs and prayers.
I do love your fabulous teaching tool...that board looks amazing! The children are going to have many fun days with their teacher, I just know it! Of course, it always helps when the teacher loves you as much as mommy does! LOL!

Angi Barrs said...

Getting the kiddos prepared for school is awesome. They will be so far ahead in their learning. What a great mom you are. :)

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your loss. Hugs

I love you are doing preschool with them! Very cool!

Things and Stuff said...

I am sorry about your grandmother.
---
You are amazing... really amazing!
I wish I could manage my time the way you do. You are such a good mom.
I can't wait to see more on your blog. I'm your newest follower.Hope you'll get a chance to visit. sltbywm.blogspot.com

Yoshiras time to craft said...

so sorry about your grandma.will be praying for you and your dad.what cute school you have for your kids.

Linda Kaiser said...

I am so sorrry about your grandmother. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda

Michele said...

Amber... so sorry to hear about your Grandmother! Not an easy time!! But KUDOS to you for schooling your kids and doing all of the other Wife/Mom things during the day!! I have lost my MOJO this week and haven't posted in 10 days. It's not "In Me." Too much going on here too. I'll get back in the groove soon... just like you will find your schedule that works. Off toplay hotwheels with my son. That is what matters most. :-)
Take care!! We are all not going anywhere!
Michele

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amber,I'm so sorry to hear about your grandmother!Sending you hugs and prayers my friend.

Jovan said...

So sorry about your grandmother. You are in my prayers. I miss you! I love what your doing with the kids, I so need to be doing this with my daughter. I'm so lazy...LOL Take care!

Tara said...

Sorry to hear that things have been a bit rough in your life. I am so happy to hear that you are working with your little ones so early though. They are going to have a fabulous start when they begin school, thanks to their amazing mother :) Chin up and I look forward to seeing more of your crafty creations when you find the time!
Tara