Monday, September 19, 2011

Fall Leaves Card


I wanted to whip up something that really had the spirit of fall in it.  

The card is a standard A2 sized base in Kraft color.
It has a layer of cream colored cardstock at 4 by 5 and 1/4.

I used a stamp set from Close to My Heart called Autumn Splendor for these beautiful leaves.  I used Stampin' Up ink colors: Creamy Caramel, Close to Cocoa, More Mustard, and Pumpkin Pie.

I used the Close to Cocoa marker to do some stitching lines all around the edges, and then added  a bit of light brown satin ribbon.  To make my knot a little prettier I actually added a separate piece in the center.  I folded a piece of the ribbon in half and used Scor Tape to secure it around the middle of the knot.

I thought about adding a sentiment, or something else, but in the end I decided to just show off how pretty the stamping is in all the lovely colors and I didn't want to cover it up or detract from it. 


19 comments:

the cricutologist said...

Your card is beautiful! I love fall!

Sherrie K. said...

Defiantly speaks fall:) Very nice!!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Judy said...

Hi such a lovely seasonal card. Love it.
Judy

Mary said...

This us perfect for fall, love it!!

Mary
www.marebearscraps.blogspot.com

Dr Sonia S V said...

So elegant and lovely
Cheers
Sonia
http://cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Jayne said...

Pretty card.
Jayne x

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really elegant.love the colors of leaves an that ribbion.tfs

Marlene said...

I really love this, Amber. Just beautiful. You could make a whole box of these and it would make a great gift set for someone.

Chriss America Real said...

Oh this is just lovely! I love the brown border & ribbon, very nice!

www.chrissandlou.blogspot.com

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amber,GORGEOUS job!I just LOVE the pretty fall colors and ribbon, FANTASTIC job as always!!:)

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Great CAS card, love the Fall colors :)

Jovan said...

This card is simple beautiful! I love the fall leaves!

Stacy said...

Amber,
What a pretty card, the colors are perfect
Hugs, Stacy

Missy said...

Good call on leaving the sentiment off---those leaves speak volumes on their own. Stunning stamping!!! Love the colors you chose, too!!

Lisa said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colors you used to stamp the pretty leaves! Gorgeous fall card!! :)

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty!

Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Glora said...

This card is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!! I love a beautiful leaf background and this one is PERFECT! Hugs- Glora

scrappinC said...

Love your fall card the stamped leaves are wonderful.
Cindy Lou

The Archiving Angel said...

This card turned out so lovely.
The stitching & ribbon really are such pretty elements.