Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Playing With Acetate


I just wanted to play around with some acetate and see what I could come up with.  I buy huge packs at my local office supply store.  They are a bit pricey, but last a looong time for projects.

I cut a window in a standard sized card base.  It was rather confusing for me, since I am NOT good at measurements!  *LOL*  

I have a top layer for the card that is cut at 4 by 5 and 1/4 with the same sized window cut in it.  The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey Kioshi 6 by 6 pad.  I tied a piece of green ribbon around this layer before adhering it.


In between those two layers is the piece of acetate.  This way the card looks clean both outside and inside and you can't see the adhesive on the acetate.

I stamped a bird cage from the My Cute Stamps Elegant Birds set using some Cotton White Staz On ink right onto the acetate.  For those of you that aren't familiar with Staz On it is designed for stamping on surfaces you can't use other inks on, just like this plastic sheet.

On the inside of the card is a tiny little bird from the same stamp set, also using a patterned sheet from the Kioshi collection.  I will write my sentiment towards the bottom on the inside so that it is hidden when the card is closed.  Easy enough.

15 comments:

THERESA said...

This is so gorjuss, just gave me an idea, oops, those are so few lately, thanks for that and for sharing!!
lotsa luv

jessica said...

This is beautiful Amber!!
TFS :)

Juls said...

so very stylish and elegant! Hugs Juls

Glora said...

Awesome idea! This is total genius and oh so pretty! Hugs- Glora

Mary said...

How creative, I love it!! Beautiful card :)

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Such a great card, love how the bird is on the black, really pretty :)

Cindy Beland said...

WOW Amber,This card is FANTASTIC!I just LOVE the idea and the sweet little bird,BEAUTIFUL!!:)

Yoshiras time to craft said...

really pretty.love the bird cage and colors.tfs

Marlene said...

Beautiful! I love your techniques!! Just love them! You're so crafty!

DIANA L. said...

This is so pretty and elegant. I love the green ribbon


DIANA L.
http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

Missy said...

Wow what a great technique, I had no idea you could stamp on that stuff!!! Great card!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Great paper too!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Pat N. said...

What a great card, Amber! Love how you stamped the bird behind the cage and he's in it when closed! Wonderful!--Pat N.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous!

Sandy Ang said...

So wonderful. Love the transparency idea