Thursday, September 3, 2009

A Small Challenge for Myself


I recently got a whole bunch of new papercrafting goodies from the Home Shopping Network.  I just couldn't pass up some really good deals.  One of the kits I ordered came with a whole bunch of great papers, and even some prefolded, printed cards.  I liked all the designs, but typically when working with something small, like a card I tend to stay away from heavily patterened backgrounds for fear of how to use them.  So, I decided to challenge myself a bit and flex my creative muscles.

I chose one of the patterns of cards, the one I thought would be the most difficult for me to work with, and I decided to make 3 different cards.  I figured they could all be similar, but had to have slight differences, so in the future I would have an idea of what kinds of things worked best.  They were all very simple and quick to do, and I'm really pleased with the results!

I think when crafting, it's super easy to get into a rut where you find yourself repeating the same techniques over and over again, using the same colors, or whatever.  One of the things that excites me the most about getting large kits is that since I don't pick each individual item, I find things that are not my typical style to help challenge me to learn new techniques.

No comments: