Sunday, January 3, 2010

Sympathy Cards

I'm back :)  I have lots of fun projects to share, scrapbook pages of the holidays, a fun mini book, and some great cards.  I'll be working hard to get them all ready for posting. 

I would like to share a couple sympathy cards I made.  These are the first sympathy cards I've ever made.  I never realized how challenging they were!  I have never done a craft project that I did not enjoy, but I can honestly say that making these was hard.  They are meant to be similar, but I didn't want them identical.  They are for two teenage sisters who's mother has just died (they are my 2nd cousins.)  I couldn't stand the thought of giving them THE SAME card, but I didn't want them to be too different either.  This is what I came up with.

I used the Stampin Up set Thoughts and Prayers for the sentiments.  I used the Cricut Cartridge Serenade for the die cuts.  For the edges I used an Eyelet Border punch from Stampin Up, and a Loops border punch from Martha Stewart.

I'm happy with the results.  I think the imagery is really peaceful and serene, which is what I wanted for something like this.

Thanks to everyone who checks out my blog.  I have missed it this past week and look forward to getting back into the swing of things.

2 comments:

eiyiyi said...

Beautifully done! These are always so difficult to get just right but you've managed to make one that is simple, elegant and caring. hugs, eileen

Janell J said...

I love this card too!! that is a great cart I get to use it at church since they got the machine with this cart in it.