Friday, May 3, 2013

For My Wonderful Mother-in-Law




This is the last of my Mother's Day cards.

The paper is from the Bo Bunny 6 by 6 pad Garden Girl.  The only exceptions are the layer the sentiment is on with the soft pink, and some vanilla cardstock in the flower center and for the card base.

The ribbon is from Celebrate it by Michael's.

The flower was cut from my Silhouette and I spent some time jazzing it up.  I used a stylus to make veins in the leaf, did lots of inking on all the layers in different colors, and then curled the petals up.  It has so much dimension.  Even my husband seemed impressed when I showed him (and that is hard to do, believe me.)


The sentiment was built using a couple SP & Company Mix N Match Sets: Kids, and Family.  The inks used were Close to Cocoa and Rich Razzleberry from Stampin' Up.

Hopefully she likes it.  I really do have the best mother-in-law so I wanted her card to be really nice too.    She doesn't read my blog at all so she will be surprised, and luckily I don't have to mail it.  Honestly if I did that it would completely ruin the flower!

I'm glad to be done with all 3 of my Mother's Day cards for this year.

Thanks for looking :)

Amber









14 comments:

Jovan said...

Beautiful card! I love what you did to the flower!

Nana said...

What a Stunning card. Love the colors and that flower is beautiful. Would love to have you stop by and link it up over at Silhouette Challenges.

Have a creative day.
Nana
♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

cuilliesocks said...

What a lovely card for your MIL Amber, and how wonderful that you think so highly of her and want to give her such a gorgeous creation. Love that flower, Kate x

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The flower looks amazing!! The colors are beautiful!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Migdalia said...

Please link up this GORGEOUS card to Silhouette Challenge!!
You know I LOVE it!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
♥ Crafting With Creative M ♥
♥ 2 Creative Chicks ♥
♥ Silhouette Challenges ♥

Creations by Shirl said...

This is beautiful Amber... love that big flower....

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Just returning from vacation! Happy to be catching up!

Very pretty! Love the flower and the great purple! Carri~Abusybee

Angi Barrs said...

WOWZA this is beautiful. Loooove that flower.

Missy said...

OH Amber what a beautiful card!! Great background, and the flower is just incredible!!!

Norma said...

WOWZERS!! what a super gorgeous card and your MIL will LOVE it. The color of the flowers is so beautiful. TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Beautiful creation, love the flower!
Hugs Shell xx

Sue said...

Such a beautiful card. I love the colours and your flower looks wonderful

Thank you so much for your kind comments on my recent card, it means a lot to me
I am your newest follower!!
Sue xx

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, BEAUTIFUL card! I love the bold purple flower:) So pretty!
Hope your having a fantastic day!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Stamping With Bibiana said...

GREAT card I love the colors..and what silhouette image did you use? I love my silhouette too, but with so many stamps and dies , no time to do all :(
bibiana