Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Some Bunny Loves You Tag

I made this tag to go on my daughter's inexpensive little Easter basket.

It was my project for Tracy over at Craft Junkie Too today.  She has challenged us to make an Easter project.  Be sure and head on over to her blog today to see what the other gals came up with and submit your own project to join in the fun :)  

I know you can't see very well in the above photo, so I'm including a close up shot of the tag.  You can click on the photo to see it larger for more detail.

The tag is cut from the Easter 2010 cartridge at 3.5 inches.  I went around and did lots of stitching lines with a pink marker.  

The basket is from Doodlecharms and is cut at 3.75 inches.  I embossed it using the Oriental Weave Cuttlebug folder and added a sticker from my stash that says "Some Bunny Loves You."  

The eggs are all from Doodlecharms as well and are cut at the same size as the basket, 3.75 inches - so they are proportionate to fit inside it.  I hand doodled all the details on each egg.  

I hung the tag from the basket using some cute ribbon. 

The plastic eggs in the bottom of the basket were decorated by my little daughter.  It was a fun project I let her do one day.  I gave her the plastic eggs and some Easter stickers and let her decorate them herself. Now she can hunt for the pretty eggs she decorated.  She'll be sure to have fun :)

16 comments:

the cricutologist said...

so sweet!

Tracy said...

Love it Amber -- I just love plastic eggs as they remind me of my childhood. We didn't color/dye eggs too much (because we were too messy) so I just love seeing the plastic eggs in the bright colors. The tag is PERFECT for the basket. :)
♥Tracy

Stacy said...

Amber,
What a cute tag!
Hugs,
Stacy

Kristin said...

Adorable tag!!

Katy said...

very pretty amber and gerat tag too!

Amanda said...

Oh Amber,your tag is adorable!! I would have never thought of adding a tag to my Easter Baskets..

Amanda:0)

My 3 E Scrapbooking said...

What a cute addition to an Easter Basket! That would help my kids figure out which basket is theirs! Thanks for the idea!

Crafting Katie said...

This is so cute, Amber! Your daughter will love it!

Marlene said...

Your tag is adorable!

Kim H said...

This is so stinkin cute! I love the details and the whole concept!
tfs

Audrey Frelx said...

And "some bunny loves you" right back... me!!!

Cute tag!

Anonymous said...

Please check out my blog! I have an award for you!!

ericaqscreations.blogspot.com

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great tag! Love the great colors!

Anonymous said...

Adorable! Reminds me I am so unprepared for Easter! I need to make 5 baskets for the grandkids. Love your idea of hanging a tag from the basket. Almost eliminates the need for me to make 5 cards! LOL!

Monica-FC said...

how cool is that. I love the tag and what a great thing to save after taking pics and scrapping it.

The Purple Scrapbooker said...

Another great idea!! I think Tommy would get such a kick out of this! I can't wait to try it!