Friday, December 4, 2009

Handmade Elf Ornament

This is one ornament in a series of six that I am making for Christmas gifts.  It's from a Bucilla Kit.  You get stamped felt which you cut out, embroider, sequin, stuff, and sew together.  It's a lot of work, but I think they will be appreciated and loved.  I really struggle with the stem stitching on these, which is the kind that's done on parts like the eye, and here on the frosting of the gingerbread man! *LOL*  I'm getting a lot of practice with that stitch on all these ornaments though, so maybe I'll get better!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is the sweetest little elf! Look at him with his little gingerbread man... so cute! You did a fantastic job on it, Amber!

Sherri said...

That is just adorable!!!

Anonymous said...

Great job Amber :)

Mrs.Newcomb said...

is he for sale? I have been searching high and low for an elf to stitch onto one of my triplet son's Christmas stocking; I have found plenty, but none that have the appearance I am going for... This one would be PERFECT!

Unknown said...

He is part of a kit. This is the one here http://www.herrschners.com/Product/Bucilla+Seasonal+Felt+Ornament+Kits+Christmas+Cookies+Set+of+6.aspx