Thursday, February 13, 2014

Smile Brush Strokes Card




This card was HEAVILY inspired by a card from Papercrafts Magazine's Stamp It! Techniques, Volume 2.  You can see this card in a post here.

For the stamped images I used Hero Arts Brush Strokes and Stampin' Up ink colors So Saffron, Gable Green, Pink Passion, and Tempting Turquoise.

Instead of masking (like the original) I made this a separate panel up on pop dots.  This gave me cleaner edges than the masking technique.  I also changed the sequins to just a few in black for a more dramatic effect.  Another thing I did differently was paint on some splashes of Creatology brand glitter using a small paint brush.

I also decided to add faux stitching lines all around the card to give it a different edge.  I just used a Stampin' Up marker in black to do this.

My sentiment comes from a stamp set by Hampton Art and KI Memories called Click Click.

So, although the card is certainly a copy of sorts I put my own spin on it.  I just couldn't resist making this one as I'm excited to have recently acquired this fun stamp set and LOVED the bright colors used in this design.

Thanks for visiting!

Amber


7 comments:

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! I love the design and the added sequins!! What a fabulous card!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Amber, great card, fabulous colours and design, hugs Kate x

Shona Erlenborn said...


First of all thanks for sharing that tutorial!How clever! I just want to hit myself on the head, so simple! I love what you did with the technique Amber. Kraft cardstock is always one of my favorites!

Norma said...

I love the technique and I will have to give it a try:) Lovely card Amber! Have a wonderful Valentine's with your family:)
Hugs,
Norma

Missy said...

This is great! I love the bright colors and the angle of the focal point!

Kim Heggins said...

This is too cute...and it does make me smile!

Karen Dunbrook said...

neat card...