Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I am Grateful For Banner

Click the photo to see it larger, but remember to use your browser's back button.

 This is my project for Miss Tracy over at Craft Junkie Too this week, be sure and stop by her blog to see what all the other ladies came up with. We were assigned to do a project about something we are thankful for.  Be sure to check out all the other fabulous project here.

When Tracy asked me to make a project about something I was thankful for, how could I decide on just one thing? So I made a banner with many of the things I am grateful for to display near my dining room, that is one of the first things you see when you walk into the house.

I used papers from the Autumn Splendor stack by DCWV.   I used brown for all the die cuts.  I wanted to keep all the cuts looking simple so that the banner looked a bit more elegant and not too "busy."

I cut scalloped circles at 4 inches, and plain circles at 3.25 inches I stitched around each blue circle with my Chocolate Chip Stampin' Write marker. Then I added my die cuts, and wrote what each one meant to me.

Here are all the ones I made

I made 2 like this - a leaf that says "I am grateful for..." over and over all the way around. This is how I started and finished my banner.

A wedding couple that says "Being married to the love of my life and best friend"

A little girl silhouette that says "Tiffany Marie, our beautiful daughter"

A little boy silhouette that says "Our crazy, but sweet little boy Sammy"

A doctors bag that says "Our health, and the health of those dear to us"

A watermelon with a bite taken out that says " The food to fill our tummies & help our children grow"

A house that says "Our beautiful new home to raise our children in and make memories"

A pair of scissors that says "My creativity and all the wonderful tools I have to help it come to life"

I used regular old Scotch tape to attach them to a ribbon. I punched a small hole in the top one and strung a rubber band through it. Then I used a Command hook to hang it on the wall. These hooks are made to come off the walls without doing damage.

Thanks for letting me share, and may you all be as blessed as I am this Thanksgiving season!

6 comments:

scrapperbecka said...

Great banner, you did a really nice job! Great idea

Marlene said...

Very pretty banner! Looks like a lot of work! Totally worth it, though. End result is gorgeous!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great banner!

Helen said...

Really neat idea and so pretty!

Carol L said...

This banner is so pretty! I can really feel the love you put in it,. Great job ;0). Have a super great day!
Hugs,
Carol l.

tt.scraps said...

Simply adorable!!!!