Monday, January 20, 2014

Vellum Shaker Card





Here's a fun card I put together.

The patterned paper is from the Basic Grey 6 by 6 pad called RSVP.

The card is just a standard A2 sized card, so 4 and 1/4 by 5 and 1/2.

For the vellum shaker I actually cut out a cute envelope using my Cricut and the Just Because Cards cartridge.  I thought that the flaps on the back might show through and I wanted nice curved edges to show.  It turns out you can't even see the folds so I could have just folded the plain rectangle and not worried about it.  *LOL*

The vellum I used is from Papertey Ink.

The sentiment comes from Lawn Fawn's Lunar Lights.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed it using Stampin' Up embossing powder in Silver.

The inside of the pocket is filled with a bunch of cuts I made  using my Silhouette.  Lots of little hearts and circles.  I also added some sequins.

I used a strip of washi tape along the top of the shaker to look cute, and also to adhere it.  I also used some ATG tape runner along the bottom to finish securing it.  Luckily with this vellum that adhesive isn't even noticeable.  It's also what I used to put the envelope together.

I have been seeing products and projects with acetate and vellum shakers of various kinds.  While no particular project inspired this I must say that it was heavily influenced by those ideas I've been seeing lately.

Crafty best wishes!

Amber

9 comments:

Life and Knits said...

Super cute Amber!!

Susie

jessica said...

Love this Amber!!!
Your vellum shaker looks AWESOME!

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely amber, I love your design and the colours you've used, hugs Kate x

Missy said...

Great shaker card, and yes, I've seen a ton of them out there, too! I like the colors of the Silhouette cuts and sequins you included in your envelope!!

Lisa said...

This is so fun!! I love the vellum shaker!! It looks fabulous!! What an awesome card!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Shona Erlenborn said...

Cute card, love the vellum envelope and you're right - no signs of folds! Thanks for sharing Amber!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So sweet! I love how nice vellum looks! Carri~Abusybee
Skittles!

Norma said...

Hi Amber:) what a fun card and I love the wadi on top:) TFS and have a great evening!!
Hugs,
Norma

Karon said...

A wonderful card and a wonderful idea! TFS