Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Simple Chalkboard Card




I found the perfect font for making chalkboard cards!  I'm really excited because I love the Chalkboard trend, but want to be able to spell what I'd like.  It's the Hero Arts set called Sketchbook Letters.  I picked it up at my local Archiver's and I'm in love.  I used the ColorBox chalk ink in Popcorn to do all the stamping.  Then I used that same ink with a sponge and made some soft white marks all around to make it look like a well used board.

For the background I used Hero Arts Woodgrain background stamp on some Kraft Cardstock.

I used my Corner Chomper on the 1/4 inch setting on all the corners for this card.

This was simple and quick to put together!  I can't wait to try this font  in black on some white cardstock for the more sketchy effect too :)

Amber

8 comments:

Audrey Frelx said...

Cute card, Amber; and, what a cute idea with the chalkboard card!

Lisa said...

This is adorable!! I love the chalkboard technique!! It looks fabulous!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Another simple but effective card Amber, just lovely, hugs Kate x

Karon said...

Such a cool card - love it! TFS

Missy said...

This is fabulous! I love the chalkboard against the wood grain background, perfect combo, and the lettering & hearts look great!

Norma said...

Hi Amber:) I love chalkboard cards and yours is awesome! I'm off to check out the rest of your projects:) Thank you friend for stopping by and all the sweet comments!!
Big Hugs,
Norma

Shona Erlenborn said...

What a great card - it looks so realistic. Awesome!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Great chalkboard style!