Thursday, August 8, 2013

Caught a Bug Card




Heres a little get well card I had a total blast putting together.

I made my own background and some vanilla cardstock.  The blob with eyes is from the Paper Smooches Healthy Vibes set.  The little groupings of tiny dots are from My Pink Stamper's Everyday Occasions.  They are stamped with Stampin' Up's Certainly Celery ink.

The jar is from Lawn Fawn's Summertime Charm set.  It's up on pop dots.  I used a Copic to color the lid.  The little germ inside is from the Paper Smooches Healthy Vibes set.  I also used a copic to color him, and then added googly eyes.  The little tag was cut by hand.  I used some Green Galore ink and a sentiment from the Paper Smooches set.  Then I used a black marker to add the stitching lines.  I used some twine from The Twinery to add it.

The ribbon along the bottom was purchased at Michael's awhile back.

By the way... I need a photography light box that comes with the lights.  Any suggestions?  This card looks SO washed out in the photo and nothing I tried helped so I just posted it as is.  I want to start getting better photos.  Let me know if you have something you use and love!

Thanks for visiting!

Amber

7 comments:

Diane said...

Just adorable, made me laugh.

Regards diane

cuilliesocks said...

Love it Amber it would cheer me up. such a fun image and I love how you have made your background, take care, Kate x

Lisa said...

This is so adorable!! What a cute bug!! I love his googly eyes!! The stamped background is so fun!!

I use a lightbox that I purchased on Ebay (it's been a long time ago but I think I purchased it here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Deluxe-Table-Top-Photo-Studio-Photo-Light-Box-/180691841479?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1212b1c7) It was only $29 with free shipping. But I don't use the lights that came with it. I purchased two desk lamps at Walmart for the sides and I stole a construction light for the top from my Dad ;) I use daylight bulbs in all the lamps. I love it...I can take pictures any time of the day. Hope this helps!! Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

Norma said...

OMG! this is such a cute, fun card for any kiddo Amber and I love how you created your own background!! Too cute:) TFS
Hugs,
Norma

Angi Barrs said...

Love your adorable card. Those eyes are just so cute.

Kate said...

Adorable bug - even so I don't think I'd like to catch him !!!

Creations by Shirl said...

hehe this is so darn cute, love it Amber!