Monday, July 15, 2013

Sparkly Rose Card




I have been wanting to play with different techniques for glittery images with color.

This was my first attempt and it has TONS of sparkle in person.

I started off by finding a drawing of a rose I liked on the internet.  I printed the drawing and then traced it onto a transparency sheet with a fine tip black Sharpie.

Then I flipped it over and used a couple sharpies to color the rose.  After it was all colored I used some Crystal Effects glue from Stampin' Up to apply the glitter to the back.  I had to do this in small sections so the glue would be wet enough to hold the glitter.

I left this to dry for a long time.  After it was really nice and dry I cut it out using my scissors.  I was surprised at how easily my scissors cut through the layers of glue and glitter, but it was nice and easy.

Once it was cut out I mounted it onto some black cardstock. I just used the same Crystal Effects glue.  I applied it in large dots all over the back of the rose and placed it on the cardstock.  Then I put some weight on it and left it to dry.

I layered it onto some green cardstock for a pop of color.  Then I layered it onto a purple card front.  

I stamped a sentiment from Papertrey Ink's Happy For You in Memento Tuxedo Black Ink.

For a finishing touch I added some fun bling in pink and green.

Crafty hugs!

Amber

Thanks so much for visiting and for all the sweet comments and e-mails.  I'm still very ill, but I'm trying several things in hopes to feel better.  I am trying to craft and blog visit as I'm able but I am very limited physically.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! The rose is so beautiful...it looks like a painting!! The sparkle is fabulous!!

I hope you are feeling much, much better soon. Have a great day :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Amber good to see you here, and thank you for the lovely comment you left on my blog. So pleased to see that you are managing to get some crafting done, i'm sure it's good therapy.

Your rose is amazing, fabulous colours and a wonderful technique, love it, you take care of yourself, hugs Kate x

Norma said...

Hi Amber:) I'm so happy to see you crafting and I sure hope you are doing much better:) OMG! your card is absolutely GORGEOUs and I bet all the sparkle looks amazing in person!!! Love the font on the sentiment. Thank you so much for taking the time to stop by my blog and leave a comment, I really appreciate it my friend!!!
Hugs,
Norma

Pat N. said...

Wow, what a beautiful rose. Your technique turned out great.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

So pretty! Love the color and great sparkle! Carri~Abusybee