Monday, April 29, 2013

Happy Summer Picnic Card




I started off with the picnic basket.  It's from the Hero Arts set Sunny Smiles.  I stamped it on watercolor paper and then used some ink and a blender pen to color it in.  I added a couple small brads to the place where the handles meet the basket base.

The fruit was all stamped from a set by Clear Dollar Stamps called Fruity Fun.  To put them inside the basket I actually used an exacto knife to cut a line in the basket to put them through.  Then I just taped them down on the back.
The basket and fruit are popped up.

The cute little ants and the sentiment are from Lawn Fawn's Happy Summer set.  I did pop up the sentiment, and the shape it's on was cut with my Nestabilities.

The patterned paper is from Echo Park's Summer Days 6 by 6 pad.

The stitching lines and dots on various parts of the card were done with Stampin' Up markers.

I know it's a bit early to make a summer themed card, but I was inspired to make it and thought I'd finish it now instead of waiting :)

Hope you enjoy this pop of color in your day!
Amber

4 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

Love the color. I could eat fruit all day. :)

Lisa said...

Absolutely adorable!! I love the sweet image!! Happy Monday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Amber, lovely image and wonderfully decorated. Great summer colours, Kate x

Missy said...

This is great! I really like the pattern paper, and I love the texture the basket has...probably from the watercolor paper??