Thursday, November 10, 2011

Season of Freezin


Here's another card.  I think I am going to start calling these "stash busters" since this came about from trying to use up old supplies in my stash.

The penguin, paper, and tag are all from a 3 Birds kit from HSN.  
 
The penguin was pretty plain, but I found by adding googly eyes, Yellow Stickles to the beak, and Diamond Stickles to the blades of the skates it gave him a little life.  He's up on pop dots.
 
For the tag I went around the edges with some Diamond Stickles. Then I tied some sheer purple ribbon and adhered this straight down to the card.

I rounded the corners of the card base and layer on a 1/4 inch setting on my Corner Chomper.

In the corners I used some gems from my I Rock.  Placing the biggest one right in the corner, and stepping down 2 sizes to get smaller.

I really want to widdle down my stash.  I just have too much stuff in this room.  If I can de-stash and get all my holiday cards made at the same time I will be a happy camper :)


10 comments:

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

super sweet! Great color!

Dr Sonia S V said...

Such an adorable penguin with his skates
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

OMG, your card is stinkin' cute!!! I just love all the bling..

Scrappy hugs,
Amanda :0)

girlia said...

Oh My this is just too adorable.

Audrey Frelx said...

Well, isn't he just too cute! Cute card, Amber!

Missy said...

This is so stinkin cute, I love your little penguin!!!

Juls said...

this is so cute!!! Hugs Juls

Yoshiras time to craft said...

very cute card.love the way you have him jumping on the card.love the bling.tfs

Linda Kaiser said...

Adorable! I love his ice skates! Too cute:)

Linda

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable!
My oldest son is a penguin guy. He would love this card!