Monday, November 21, 2011

Believe In Magic Snowflake Card


Happy Monday everyone :)

Nothing says winter like snowflakes!  I cut this one from the Winter Lace Cricut Cartridge at 4 inches.  After cutting it in plain white cardstock I used the Ranger Inkssentials Ink Blending Tool and some Bordering Blue ink from Stampin' Up to give it hints of color.  Then I spritzed it with some Marshmallow Glimmer Mist.  After that I took out my I Rock and added a bunch of sparkling gems to it.  For the finishing touch I used some Ranger Liquid Pearls.

After going to all that trouble on the snowflake I didn't want to do too much to the card to take away from it, but it looked strange against too plain a background.  I made my card base Kraft colored.  I rounded the top 2 corners of my card using the 1/2 inch setting on my Corner Chomper.

I used the same Bordering Blue ink to stamp a background using the SP & Company Scripty Scripts set.  Then I added some color to the edges using the ink blending tool.

I added some retired Stampin Up ribbon, it is velvety.

I stamped "Believe in Magic" at the bottom of the card using SP & Company's Falling Snow set.

I'm really happy with the way this came out.  I spent a long time on the snowflake, but it looks exactly the way I wanted it to.  It came out a lot more masculine than I expected for something with so much bling and glitter.  *LOL*  I've just got to keep at it so I have enough cards to send the family for the holiday season.

16 comments:

girlia said...

Beautiful card. I love the single snowflake idea. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jayne said...

Stunning card Amber.Love the inking and glimmer misting on your snowflake,perfect with the kraft base.
Jayne x

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

Beautiful card, love your sentiment and your pretty snowflake :)

Audrey Frelx said...

What a cute card! Love the snowflake! (Might have to take a better look at that cart!)

Angi Barrs said...

Gorgeous...love the bling. :) Wishing you and your family a Happy Turkey Day! :)

Amanda said...

Omg Amber, your card is stunning!! I just love the stamped background..

Scrappy hugs
Amanda :0)

Pat N. said...

I think it's pretty, Amber. Nice job!--Pat N.

Anonymous said...

I think it is so pretty!

Lisa's Creative Niche said...

This is beautiful, the simplicity is touching and really draws your eye to the snowflake!

Missy said...

This is really pretty, I like the rustic feel it has, then the snowflake has sparkle on top! Oh, and I used some of your advice from you favorite products page! I bought the Fiskars trimmer you recommended!! Oh my, that thing is incredible---makes me realize how truly bad the $7 trimmer I had been using the last year really was! Thanks for the great recommendation!!! :)

scrappinC said...

Amber ~ your card is fabulous. Love the colors and the snowflake is beautiful.
TFS! and have a terrific week.
Cindy Lou

Cindy Beland said...

Hi Amber,GORGEOUS job my sweet friend!I LOVE the great snowflake with the gems on it,SO PRETTY. Have a SUPER day!!:)

Whimcees said...

Hello!

I have been having a wonderful time looking at all that you have created since I was last here to visit! SO many awesome projects - including your husband's! I love the Cookie 'n Milk costumes for the children! So much talent you have!

I wanted to wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and a great weekend!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Yoshiras time to craft said...

Beautiful.love the shimmer on the snowflake and background.tfs

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Love the background stamp on this! It really makes the card!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Norma said...

Gorgeous card Amber! You should be happy with it:) love it
Hugs,
Norma