Tuesday, May 6, 2014

A Simple Butterfly Card




This card went together very quickly and I love that I could use it for a variety of occasions since there's no sentiment on the front.

The base is a standard white A2 card.  The layer is a 3 and 3/4 by 5 inch piece up on Pop Dot's.

The swirl was stamped with the Hero Arts set Brush Strokes using Stampin' Up's Certainly Celery Ink.

I stamped the butterfly directly on top of the swirl.  It's from Maya Road's Ornate Vintage Butterflies and stamped in Stampin' Up's Orchid Opulence ink.

I cut out this entire piece and adhered it to my card layer.  Then I added a mini clothespin at the top.

I tore 3 stripes of washi tape and hand them get longer toward the bottom, aligning all of them with the same edge.

Finally I used a piece of silver glitter tape along the side of the layer.  It was pretty thick to start with so I cut it into a more narrow piece.

Normally I don't make such quick cards, but I'm very pleased with the results here.

Have a wonderful and very crafty day!

Amber

10 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Amber, simple but effective, love your colours too, hugs Kate x

jessica said...

great card Amber!!!!
Hope you are having a GREAT week!

Karon said...

Such a wonderful CAS card - love the butterfly! TFS

Pat N. said...

It's lovely, Amber. Terrific job!

Missy said...

This is really pretty Amber. I like the composition and the uneven lines of tape@!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very pretty!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Simple and effective, that is what you achieved here Amber. Love it!

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely subtle shades of colour on this card Amber, gorgeous card, hugs Kate x

Norma said...

Lovely card Amber and I'm happy to see you posting:) I love the sketch for this lovely card. Don't you just love it when a card comes together quickly and looks beautiful? Thank you for stopping by and your sweet encouraging words.
Hugs,
Norma

Lisa said...

This is gorgeous!! I love the beautiful design!! The butterfly is so pretty!! What an awesome card!!

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts