Friday, February 8, 2013

Simple Band Aid Card


I kept this card very simple.

The card is the standard A2 size in vanilla cardstock.  I rounded the corners on a 1/4 inch setting with my Corner Chomper.

The little dots and lines border was done with a Stampin' Up Creamy Caramel marker.

The kraft layer was embossed with the Cuttlebug folder Heart Blocks.

The twine is by My Mind's Eye.

The adorable band aid stamp is from Stampin' Up's Patterned Occasions.  I stamped it in Creamy Caramel.  I attached them to pink cardstock first, and then trimmed the cardstock to fit and rounded the corners.  The stitching lines were done with a white gel pen.  As a finishing touch I added some Crystal Effects to the little hearts in the band aid centers.  It's subtle, but I do really like it.  Just a bit of shine and dimension without detracting from the stamp's design.

Thanks for visiting friends :)

8 comments:

Angi Barrs said...

This is so fun! Love how you made it!

Lisa said...

What an awesome card!! I love the band aids!! Happy Friday :)

Lisa
A Mermaid's Crafts

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so sweet, the band-aid stamp is adorable! Happy Friday! Carri~Abusybee

Faye said...

What a super card. Loving the CAS feel. X

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Amber, sometimes simple is all you need, lovely, kate x

Missy said...

This is great! I like the CAS look!!

Norma said...

Adorable card Amber and love the twine across the card!!
Hugs,
Norma

Atty Fatty said...

simple n pretty ! .ATB.

attyfattycrafts.blogspot.in