Thursday, February 23, 2012

Gecko Card


I thought this would be fun for a boy.  It would work well as a birthday card, but since the sentiment is generic it could be used for other things, like a congrats on an accomplishment.  I've left the inside blank so I can decide it's use later.

The little gecko was cut from the Cricut American Alphabet cartridge on my E2 at 3.5 inches.  Quick note here, I would NOT attempt to cut it any smaller than that.  His little feet are very delicate to remove from the mat.  I added some little tiny googly eyes to him and put him up on some pop dots.

The twine is Peapod from The Twinery.

The buttons were from the Michael's $1 section.

The stamp is from Unity's Mix Up of Cuteness set.  I stamped it in Versamark and embossed using some white embossing powder.

The paper is from My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Fly A Kite 6 by 6 pad.  

I rounded the corners on a 1/4 inch setting using my Corner Chomper.

Quick and easy!  Thanks a bunch for stopping by :)


13 comments:

Jayne said...

So cute!Love the gecko and colours.
Jayne x

Yoshiras time to craft said...

very cool card.love the orange and gecko.tfs

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT job Amber!I LOVE your little gecko!:)

Kimberly said...

Oh i love this one...image is fabulous if i must say..(i have a tattoo on my foot of a gecko so i'm a little biast...love the colour combo and the buttons and twine add the perfect touch..tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Audrey Frelx said...

He's so cute!!! Cute card too! LOL!!!

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a wonderful card! I love the colors! Wishing you a happy day!

Hugs,

Barbara Diane

Missy said...

Oh, SO cute Amber! I love how you shadowed him in white, it really makes him pop off the card!!

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

Very cool! Love this great color combo!
Carri~abusybee
www.doubleclickconnections.blogspot.com

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable card for a boy. Love the twine.

Norma said...

OMG! my son would totally love this Gecko card!! Like the twine behind him and the button on the side!! Very cool card for a boy:)
Hugs,
Norma

scrappinC said...

WOW! What a cute card love the Gecko, perfect for a boy. The sentiment is awesome.
TFS!
Cindy Lou

Georgiana said...

Loving the vibrant colors of your card. Great tip...I have ruined paper with some intricate cuts too.

Georgiana
Carson's Creations

Michele said...

Well this is darling!! Love how you did the twine for a little extra somethin' somethin'.