Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Germ Killer Kit

Front View & 1 side
So, I have thought A LOT about germs lately!  My kids and I have been SO sick with one thing after another that it has been hard to think about anything else.  So, now that I'm finally feeling a little better and so are my kiddos I thought I'd have some fun and make an anti germ project to tell those little buggers to get on outta here for a good long while.  *LOL*  Wishful thinking perhaps, maybe the placebo effect will work.

Back View and other side
I had this cute little white mailbox with a red flag back from before Valentine's Day when the Target $1 spot was carrying them.  I figured I'd turn the little mailbox into an anti germ kit.  I intend to fill it with little things like Purel, tissues, and maybe some vitamin C and then pass it along to a friend as a tiny gift.

I covered the front and back with black paper, and added ribbon to the sides.  I covered the main part of the mailbox with green paper.  Then I added a bunch of adorable little germs from the Feeling Green set from Letting Delights.  I finished off by decorating the little flag to simply say "Germ Killer Kit" with some faux stitching around it. 

I sure think it turned out cute :)  If I end up hanging onto this for awhile I may make it part of a larger gift - like a gift basket that also has chicken soup, medicine, etc.  Honestly, sometimes the people that are the hardest to shop for end up liking practical gifts and who doesn't hate cold and flu season?

Thanks for visiting today!  I'm glad to be getting back to my regular blogging routine - and more grateful than ever for my usually healthy family.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

An adorable and creative idea!

~Shawnie Bartron
CardsByShawnie.blogspot.com

Stacy said...

Amber,
This is absolutely adorable, what a great idea
Hugs
Stacy

MrsANS said...

Very cute idea! I am one of those people that carries hand sanitizer EVERYWHERE and anything else you can think of to make something sanitary. I love the small cans of lysol spray...this is a wonderful gift. I wonder if I could find something else to use on the stamps & figure out how to get the paper just right? Sounds like a project I need to tackle! Thanks for the inspiration.

abusybee - DoubleClick Connections said...

This is so funny! I have a germ-phobia and so do my girls, so I just love this!

Duendes said...

Hello friend,
is very very precious!!!I loved.
big hugs.

Sandi Clarkson said...

So cute! The hand sanitizer idea is fantastic!

Marlene said...

What a fun idea! You are one crafty lady!

Cindy Beland said...

Such a fun project! Great job with it!! :)

Michele said...

You have the BEST ideas!!

Audrey Frelx said...

This is soooo cute!!! I hope the kids feel better really soon! I can only imagine what you must be going through! You take care and try to stay well -- sending up prayers for you all!

Tambo said...

very cute and I can totally relate to being sick. I have come down with my 6th cold since Jan. Bummed that I have had to use 5 days of vacation from work for being sick instead of having fun. Every time I get around the grand kids I get what they have. :( Maybe I need to make one of these too, LOL
tfs Tami

Lucianna Dilsaver said...

I LOVE this and absolutely need to carry one with me, I am a hand sanitizer freak :)