Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Embellishment Cluster Page - Personal Challenge

So, like many people I get into ruts and habits, and crafting is no exception.  So, in an effort to push myself into being more creative I gave myself a challenge.  To make an embellishment cluster!  Normally I like things pretty symetrical, and I always use things on a page in 3's.  3 flowers, 3 brads, 3 buttons, whatever.  Real simple stuff.  So, I saw a video on Youtube the other day about embellishment clusters and I thought I really should try it out.  I found it VERY hard. 

I pushed myself even further by making myself use up some embellishments that aren't really my favorite.  I figured if I couldn't make them work in a big cluster then I should just get rid of them.  So, the page is a pretty far cry from my usual style and preferences, but in the end I think I like it.  Not my favorite page of all time, but not something I want to trash and start over either.  As an added bonus I used my Threading Water border punch too!  I don't use my border punches as much as I should, and I really love this one!

So, I challenge all of you, either try an embellishment cluster, or use up some embellishments you've had sitting around for awhile!

No comments: